Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
I got this recipe from a cookbook that I got as an engagement gift in 1967. It is from the McCall's Cookbook that was published in 1963. My copy actually fell apart and I had to get another copy on-line. I thought I was a gourmet cook when I made this and so did Peter Pan and our friends who I served it to.
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1 1⁄2 cups precooked rice, like Minute Rice
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt, I don't use because the bouillon is salty enough
- 1 (5 ounce) can boneless chicken, chopped
- 1 (7 ounce) can corn, drained
- 2 tablespoons pimientos, I don't use
- Melt butter in medium skillet.
- Saute rice, stirring frequently, until golden brown.
- Add remaining ingredients, mixing well.
- Cook tightly covered over low heat for 5 minutes.
- Serve with sliced tomatoes, if desired.