I got this recipe from a cookbook that I got as an engagement gift in 1967. It is from the McCall's Cookbook that was published in 1963. My copy actually fell apart and I had to get another copy on-line. I thought I was a gourmet cook when I made this and so did Peter Pan and our friends who I served it to.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup butter or 1/4 cup margarine
- 1 1/2 cups precooked rice, like Minute Rice
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, I don't use because the bouillon is salty enough
- 1 (5 ounce) can boneless chicken, chopped
- 1 (7 ounce) can corn, drained
- 2 tablespoons pimientos, I don't use
- 1Melt butter in medium skillet.
- 2Saute rice, stirring frequently, until golden brown.
- 3Add remaining ingredients, mixing well.
- 4Cook tightly covered over low heat for 5 minutes.
- 5Serve with sliced tomatoes, if desired.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken-Corn Pilaf
Serving Size: 1 (159 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 492.8
- Calories from Fat 163
- Total Fat 18.1 g
- Saturated Fat 9.0 g
- Cholesterol 57.2 mg
- Sodium 659.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 68.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 13.4 g