Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
This recipe goes back a while, it is often requested at my house, it's a great way to use up leftover chicken ;-)
Top Review by Sarah in New York
I had this recipe from a different cookbook, and I was gonna post it and then saw this. I teach a cooking class to teenagers and this is one of their favorites. It's easy and very yummy! I will make these again and again.
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 cup finely chopped cooked chicken
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1⁄2 cup milk or 1⁄2 cup half-and-half
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- black pepper (to taste)
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- oil (for frying)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place corn in a bowl; slightly crush with a potato masher.
- Stir in chicken, egg, milk, melted butter, salt and pepper.
- Combine flour and baking powder; stir into the corn mixture, just until combined.
- In a deep-fat fryer or a skillet, heat 2 inches of oil.
- Fry for 3 mins on each side, or until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels.