This recipe was created tonight as a result of missing ingredients for what I originally planned to make for dinner. It was enjoyed so much that I decided to add it to the web site so that others could make them as well. Our 5 yr & 11 yr old DGDs joined us for dinner tonight and enjoyed it as well. NOTE--the amount of enchiladas you get depends on how much filling you put inside each tortilla. Using this recipe I made 20 enchiladas which left a bit less than 1/2 of a recipe to freeze for another quick meal.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (15 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 (13 ounce) can chicken, drained
- 1/2 cup of fresh pico de gallo or 1/2 cup salsa
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried cilantro
- 1/8 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dried chives
- 2 1/4 cups water
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 3/4 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 15 -20 six inch flour tortillas
- 1Mix first 8 ingredients of Meat Filling together until well mixed & set aside.
- 2In a medium size mixing bowl blend together the Sauce ingredients; the water, tomato paste, flour, 1 1/2 Tablespoon chili powder, 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, and 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- 3Microwave the sauce ingredients for 5 minutes then set aside.
- 4Lay one flour tortilla on a flat surface (I use a plate).
- 5Place about 1 1/2 - 2 Tablespoons Meat Filling along the edge of the tortilla closest to you.
- 6Sprinkle 1 -2 teaspoons of the two mixed cheese along top.
- 7Roll tortilla away from you ending when the tortilla is completely rolled.
- 8Place filled tortilla into a lightly greased baking pan so that the seam is on the bottom.
- 9NOTE--As you lay each enchilada down next to the previous one, place them close to the previous one so that they are side by side.
- 10Repeat rolling tortillas until all the meat filling is used up.
- 11Sprinkle half of the remaining cheese over the top of the rolled tortillas.
- 12Cover the tops and ends of all the tortillas with the Sauce.
- 13Sprinkle the remaining cheese over the top of the Sauce.
- 14Bake 30 min in a preheated 350 degree oven.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken & Corn Enchiladas With Pico De Gallo
Serving Size: 1 (271 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 574.9
- Calories from Fat 226
- Total Fat 25.2 g
- Saturated Fat 9.9 g
- Cholesterol 73.4 mg
- Sodium 1474.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 61.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.8 g
- Sugars 6.9 g
- Protein 28.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
pico de gallo