Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe was created tonight as a result of missing ingredients for what I originally planned to make for dinner. It was enjoyed so much that I decided to add it to the web site so that others could make them as well. Our 5 yr & 11 yr old DGDs joined us for dinner tonight and enjoyed it as well. NOTE--the amount of enchiladas you get depends on how much filling you put inside each tortilla. Using this recipe I made 20 enchiladas which left a bit less than 1/2 of a recipe to freeze for another quick meal.
- 1 (15 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 (13 ounce) can chicken, drained
- 1⁄2 cup of fresh pico de gallo or 1⁄2 cup salsa
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried cilantro
- 1⁄8 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dried chives
- 2 1⁄4 cups water
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 3⁄4 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 15 -20 six inch flour tortillas
- Mix first 8 ingredients of Meat Filling together until well mixed & set aside.
- In a medium size mixing bowl blend together the Sauce ingredients; the water, tomato paste, flour, 1 1/2 Tablespoon chili powder, 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, and 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- Microwave the sauce ingredients for 5 minutes then set aside.
- Lay one flour tortilla on a flat surface (I use a plate).
- Place about 1 1/2 - 2 Tablespoons Meat Filling along the edge of the tortilla closest to you.
- Sprinkle 1 -2 teaspoons of the two mixed cheese along top.
- Roll tortilla away from you ending when the tortilla is completely rolled.
- Place filled tortilla into a lightly greased baking pan so that the seam is on the bottom.
- NOTE--As you lay each enchilada down next to the previous one, place them close to the previous one so that they are side by side.
- Repeat rolling tortillas until all the meat filling is used up.
- Sprinkle half of the remaining cheese over the top of the rolled tortillas.
- Cover the tops and ends of all the tortillas with the Sauce.
- Sprinkle the remaining cheese over the top of the Sauce.
- Bake 30 min in a preheated 350 degree oven.