Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Original recipe from Kikkoman soy sauce, I changed the original recipe to copy the soup I order at the Chinese restaurant.
- Place broth and ginger in medium saucepan.
- Bring to boil over high heat; reduce heat, cover and simmer 5 minutes.
- Discard ginger.
- Combine cornstarch and 1/4 cup water; stir into saucepan with corn.
- Cook over high heat, stirring constantly, until mixture boils and is slightly thickened.
- Gradually pour egg into boiling soup, stirring constantly, but gently, in one direction.
- Stir in cooked chicken.
- Simmer for 10 minutes to heat chicken.
- Remove from heat; stir in green onions and soy sauce.
- Serve immediately.
THis was great, although I boiled a whole chicken and then shredded it instead of using boneless skinless chicken and chicken broth...also I tinkered with the measurements to accomodate the portions of chicken I used....Thank you!!!