Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This soup not only filling and tasty, but warms you insides during a cold winter day.
- 3 -4 chicken thighs
- 1 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 -2 tablespoon flour
- 1 small onion
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon chicken bouillon
- 1 (8 ounce) can creamed corn
- 2 stalks celery or 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika (optional)
- 2 medium white potatoes, diced
- In a large pot cook salted chicken parts in a little oil.
- until fully cooked.
- Remove from pot and remove skin.
- and dice.
- Add onion until cooked.
- Sprinkle 1-2 Tbsp flour and lightly brown.
- On medium heat, add 1 cup milk.
- Add bullion.
- Cook until it thickens.
- Add 1 cup milk or water.
- Cook until thickened.
- Add can of cream corn and diced potatoes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook down until correct thickness, 1 hour.
Very tasty, filling dish! I upped the milk to 1 1/2 cups, used Creamed Corn, and about 1/2 tsp. fresh ground pepper. Made for Fall PAC '08. Thank you for lunch!