1/7 Photos of Chicken Corn Chowder - Quick
Great on a cold night after Christmas shopping, and quick too! (Cooking light)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 cups 2% low-fat milk
- 2 cups chopped, cooked boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 1/2 cups fresh corn kernels or 1 1/2 cups frozen corn kernels
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme or 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 (14 3/4 ounce) can cream-style corn
- 1Melt butter in a large Dutch oven over medium heat.
- 2Add onion, celery and jalapeno, cook for 3 minutes or until tender, stirring frequently.
- 3Add flour, cook 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- 4Stir in milk and remaining ingredients.
- 5Bring to boil, cook until thick, about 5 minutes.
Browse Our Top Chowders Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chowders Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Corn Chowder - Quick
Serving Size: 1 (248 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 189.8
- Calories from Fat 63
- Total Fat 7.1 g
- Saturated Fat 4.1 g
- Cholesterol 19.9 mg
- Sodium 347.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 11.1 g
- Protein 6.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
boneless skinless chicken breasts