Great on a cold night after Christmas shopping, and quick too! (Cooking light)
Make and share this Chicken Corn Chowder - Quick recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped celery
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 cups 2% low-fat milk
- 2 cups chopped, cooked boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh corn kernels or 1 1⁄2 cups frozen corn kernels
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme or 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 (14 3/4 ounce) can cream-style corn
- Melt butter in a large Dutch oven over medium heat.
- Add onion, celery and jalapeno, cook for 3 minutes or until tender, stirring frequently.
- Add flour, cook 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Stir in milk and remaining ingredients.
- Bring to boil, cook until thick, about 5 minutes.
Tasty, quick and easy. 3 wonderful words when you haven't got a lot of time. I didnt have any peppers so used a shake of chili flakes. The added cream style corn gives this soup a nice creamy texture and smooth flavour. Delicious!
I love me a nice SPICY kick but not good for the kiddos. Its an AWESOME fast recipe!!! For those less heat tolerant, dont use the jalapeno or cayenne. I also used skim milk instead of 2% and the soup was still freaking fabulous!
I made this for DD so I left out the jalapeno, but I'll have to try with it too. I used frozen corn and I mashed it for my DD's benefit. Thanks for sharing and I can't wait to try it with fresh corn.