Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
A smooth, creamy corn chowder prefect for those cold wintry Minnesota nights. Add a garden salad and a crusty loaf of Italian bread and you've got yourself a meal. Sometimes, I add a little fresh or dried dill for a little change.
- 3 slices bacon, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄8 cup celery, chopped
- 1 (10 ounce) can condensed chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 3 potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1 rotisserie chicken, meat removed
- 2 cups corn, frozen
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1⁄8 cup parsley, chopped
- Fry bacon in frying pan.
- Remove and save for later.
- Add onion, red pepper and celery to drippings and saute until onion is translucent.
- Bring chicken broth and water to boil.
- Add potatoes and simmer 5 minutes.
- Add half & half, chicken meat, onion mixture from frying pan, corn, sugar, cayenne pepper, hot sauce and parsley.
- Simmer 10 minutes and allow flavors to combine.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve hot.