Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a recipe that was passed down from my dad's side of the family. We have it every Christmas. It is so delicious and it makes the house smell absolutely wonderful. I, personally, don't prefer mushrooms. Once, I made it without the mushrooms, but added 2 small cans of sliced potatoes. I was extremely pleased with it. However, the rest of my family prefers the mushrooms and insisted they were necessary.
- 8 slices bacon
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 (4 ounce) cans mushrooms
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon thyme leaves, crushed
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans cream of celery soup
- 2 (18 7/8 ounce) cans vegetable soup
- 2 (18 7/8 ounce) cansfilled with water
- 2 cups diced cooked chicken breasts
- 2 (15 1/4 ounce) cans whole kernel corn, undrained
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- Cook bacon and crumble.
- Heat oil in a medium saucepan and saute mushrooms, onions, and thyme.
- Dump everything into large pot and simmer.
What a great and easy recipe! My family really liked this. Some, however, want me to go easy on the thyme next time, but I thought it was perfect! I did make it easier and used 8 slices of the ready-cooked bacon and diced some grilled chicken breast strips from the freezer. I think this serves more than 5-8 people, though. It filled my 6 quart dutch oven! Thanks for posting.