This is a recipe that was passed down from my dad's side of the family. We have it every Christmas. It is so delicious and it makes the house smell absolutely wonderful. I, personally, don't prefer mushrooms. Once, I made it without the mushrooms, but added 2 small cans of sliced potatoes. I was extremely pleased with it. However, the rest of my family prefers the mushrooms and insisted they were necessary.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 slices bacon
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 (4 ounce) cans mushrooms
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon thyme leaves, crushed
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans cream of celery soup
- 2 (18 7/8 ounce) cans vegetable soup
- 2 (18 7/8 ounce) cans filled with water
- 2 cups diced cooked chicken breasts
- 2 (15 1/4 ounce) cans whole kernel corn, undrained
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 1Cook bacon and crumble.
- 2Heat oil in a medium saucepan and saute mushrooms, onions, and thyme.
- 3Dump everything into large pot and simmer.
Browse Our Top Chowders Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Corn Chowder
Serving Size: 1 (652 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 748.9
- Calories from Fat 333
- Total Fat 37.0 g
- Saturated Fat 9.5 g
- Cholesterol 84.8 mg
- Sodium 3629.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 78.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.6 g
- Sugars 20.8 g
- Protein 33.8 g