Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Classic New England chowder
Make and share this Chicken Corn Chowder recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb bacon, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 4 boneless chicken breasts, cubed
- 5 tablespoons flour
- 4 cups milk (whole works best)
- 1 (14 ounce) can potatoes, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 (8 ounce) cans creamed corn
- Fry bacon in a large soup pan. Set cooked bacon aside for later. Cook chicken in grease until just cooked through, set with bacon for later.
- Add flour to bacon grease to form a thin roux (add more flour if desired). Over medium head slowly add milk (approximately 1/2 cup at a time), until all milk has been incorporated. Continue heating, but do not allow to boil.
- Add vegetables and meat (and seasonings if desired), heat until potatoes are hot throughout. Do not allow the chowder to boil.