3 hrs 50 mins
3 hrs 30 mins
I have been making this for a couple of years and it is very good and super easy to make. I make this in a slow cooker, but if you have a large pot (4 or more quarts) than you can do it on the stove top too.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (26 ounce) cans cream of chicken soup
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3 cups frozen corn
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 4 large carrots, sliced
- 6 round white potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 medium onions, diced
- 1/4 cup ground cumin
- celery salt
- 1/2-3/4 cup water (only necessary if you do this on the stove instead of a slow cooker)
- 1Boil chicken breasts and cumin until chicken is no longer pink in the middle and the juices run clear.
- 2While chicken is cooking combine all other ingredients in a mixing bowl or slow cooker and mix together.
- 3When chicken is done cooking, place it on a plate in the freezer for 10 minutes to cool it down.
- 4When chicken is cool enough to handle, shred it with a fork or with your hands.
- 5Place all items in slow cooker, sprinkle with salt, celery salt, and pepper to taste, and cook on high for 3 1/2 hours, or until potatoes and carrots are softened to your taste (7 hours on low).
- 6Serve with crackers or buttered bread.
- 8Place all items in cooking pot, sprinkle with salt, celery salt, and pepper to taste, and simmer on medium-low heat for 2 1/2- 3 hours or until potatoes and carrots are softened to your liking.
- 9Serve with crackers or buttered bread.
Browse Our Top Chowders Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Corn Chowder
Serving Size: 1 (4277 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 351.4
- Calories from Fat 89
- Total Fat 9.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 47.5 mg
- Sodium 1141.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.5 g
- Sugars 4.3 g
- Protein 21.1 g