Recipe by KathyP53
Haven't tried this yet but plan to try with fresh corn on the cob. Sounds really good. From Cooking Light. As usual, when I'm cooking something good, I rather eat less of it than scimp on fat free ingredients. I would use whole milk in this recipe.
Top Review by TnuSami
Really nice corn chowder! I only had canned corn on hand and it worked well, but think this recipe would excel with fresh corn, as KathyP53 mentioned!! This came together very quickly and was a great dinner on a cold night! Thanks!!
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 6 green onions
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken breasts
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen corn (thawed and divided)
- 1 (14 ounce) can low sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups nonfat milk
- 1⁄2 cup preshredded cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Remove green tops from green onions. Chop green onion tops and set aside. Thinly slice white portion of each onion. Add sliced onion to pan; saute 2 minutes. Add flour; cook 1 minutes; stirring constantly with a whisk. Stir in chicken, salt, pepper, 1 package of corn, and broth. Bring to boil, reduce heat, and simmer for 5 minutes.
- While mixture simmers, combine remaining corn and milk in a blender, process until smooth. Add milk mixture to pan; simmer 2 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Ladle 2 cups of chowder into each of 4 soup bowls. Sprinkle evenly with green onion tops. Top each serving with cheddar cheese.