Do you like that warm comfy feeling? Try this on a cold day or night. This recipe can be doubled or tripled. I double using my slow cooker. I use leftover roasted corn from summer cookouts, just remove from cob and freeze. Gives a nice smoky flavor to soup. Grilled chicken works well too.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (8 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (16 ounce) can cream-style corn
- 1 (16 ounce) can whole kernel corn
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 pint heavy cream
- 2 cups diced cooked chicken
- 6 tablespoons flour
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons shredded carrots
- 1 cup chopped potato
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped parsley (optional)
- 1In a large sauce pan, cook onion, potato, in butter for 3-5 minutes over medium heat.
- 2Stir in flour, cook for 5-6 minutes or until mixture is golden.
- 3Turn up the heat a little; add broth and whisk until smooth.
- 4Reduce heat, add remaining ingredients.
- 5Simmer 15-30 minutes, stirring often.
- 6Remove from heat, let stand for several minutes to thicken.
- 7Serve with toasted garlic bread.
Browse Our Top Chowders Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Corn Chowder
Serving Size: 1 (730 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1034.7
- Calories from Fat 661
- Total Fat 73.4 g
- Saturated Fat 42.0 g
- Cholesterol 272.2 mg
- Sodium 1706.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 69.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.1 g
- Sugars 8.2 g
- Protein 32.5 g