Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Do you like that warm comfy feeling? Try this on a cold day or night. This recipe can be doubled or tripled. I double using my slow cooker. I use leftover roasted corn from summer cookouts, just remove from cob and freeze. Gives a nice smoky flavor to soup. Grilled chicken works well too.
- 1 (8 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (16 ounce) can cream-style corn
- 1 (16 ounce) can whole kernel corn
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1 pint heavy cream
- 2 cups diced cooked chicken
- 6 tablespoons flour
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons shredded carrots
- 1 cup chopped potato
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped parsley (optional)
- In a large sauce pan, cook onion, potato, in butter for 3-5 minutes over medium heat.
- Stir in flour, cook for 5-6 minutes or until mixture is golden.
- Turn up the heat a little; add broth and whisk until smooth.
- Reduce heat, add remaining ingredients.
- Simmer 15-30 minutes, stirring often.
- Remove from heat, let stand for several minutes to thicken.
- Serve with toasted garlic bread.
I was looking for something to impress my in-laws, and this was it. It was a cold, dreary winter day, but this fantastic chowder warmed everybody up. Kudos!
Just what I was looking for! This is some of the best chicken corn chowder I have ever eaten. My family loved it. Thanks!!