Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
I found this in a magazine. I haven't tried it yet.
- olive oil flavored cooking spray
- 1 leek, thinly sliced
- 400 g chicken breast fillets, thinly sliced
- 2 cups arborio rice
- 1 cup corn kernel
- 5 cups hot water
- 5 chicken stock cubes
- 1 cup evaporated low-fat milk
- 2 teaspoons lemon rind, grated
- 300 g broccoli florets
- 3 tablespoons fresh chives, chopped
- lemon zest, to garnish
- Spray a large saucepan with oil. Add leek and cook over medium heat for 3 minutes or until soft, adding a little water if it starts to stick to the pan.
- Add chicken and cook, stirring until it starts to brown.
- Stir through rice and corn. Cook for 1 minute.
- Add combined water and stock cubes, evaporated milk and lemon rind. Simmer, uncovered, for 25 minutes or until the rice is tender and the liquid has been absorbed, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in broccoli and chives. Season with pepper.
- Cover and cook for 5 minutes or until the broccoli is tender but crisp.
- Garnish with lemon zest.