Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Really good chicken chili!
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 medium yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh jalapeno pepper
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 (15 ounce) can cream-style corn
- 1 (7 ounce) candiced mild green chilies
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 (15 ounce) can navy beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- salt and pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded sharp white cheddar cheese (4 1/2 oz.)
- In large pan, combine oil onion, bell pepper, and jalapeno. Stir often over high heat until onions are limp, 3-4 minutes.
- Add cumin, corn, green chiles, milk, and beans.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat, cover and simmer, stirring occasionally to blend flavors, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in chicken. Season with salt and pepper.
- Stir in cheese and serve immediately.
Made this tonight with leftover roasted turkey and served it with a pan of cornbread. Yummy stuff!
This chili is so delicious! I'd never even tried a white chicken chili before, and I'm pleased that I started with this one. It's simple to make, and the texture is really great. I will be making this again.