Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
A great way to use up garden corn and zucchini to make a complete chicken meal. Although I haven't made this dish yet I am planning on making it soon. Recipe source: local newspaper.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 4 zucchini or 4 yellow squash, quartered, crosswise
- 2 onions, quartered
- 4 ears corn, quartered, crosswise
- 8 green onions
- 4 chicken drumsticks or 4 chicken thighs
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- In a jar, combine oil, thyme, 3/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- Shake well and set aside.
- In a large shallow roasting pan, combine squash and onions with half of the seasoned oil; toss well.
- In a bowl, coat corn and green onions with remaining oil mixture.
- On the rack in the broiler place chicken.
- Sprinkle with remaining 3/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- Plan pan with vegetables on lower rack in oven and the broiler pan with chicken on the top rack.
- Roast for 25- 30 minutes, turning both occasionally.
- Add corn and green onions to vegetable pan.
- Continue roasting until chicken is cooked and vegetables are tender (10-15 minutes), turning occasionally.
This is very good though I made a couple of changes. I marinated the chicken thighs in some of the oil mixture(Used more olive oil & thyme added a little garlic powder) baked them with some red potatoes cut in chunks. Then added the rest of the marinated veggies, also added a small eggplant. Yum. This made a delicious meal.
The veggies were very good, though they needed more time. Next time I'll put the corn in earlier. Thanks for the recipie!