Recipe by Dreamgoddess
This is another recipe that was in a cookbooklet I received from chef pines506. This would be good served with slices of hot cornbread.
Top Review by Meredith C-ville
Good, easy recipe. I added garlic and cumin. My corn and limas were in 12 oz packages, so I just used that, and I used about half the chicken called for. I just threw in frozen breast parts and then cut them up with my spatula once they started to cook because it was just faster and easier that way. It made for very moist and tender chicken! Instead of the romas (since there's nothing resembling a real tomato around these days), I used a 28 oz can of whole stewed tomatoes. Because I had the juice from the tomatoes, I omitted the water. Served with a garnish of sharp cheddar and with whole wheat sourdough.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 medium onions, diced
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 6 plum tomatoes, diced
- 1⁄4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 10 ounces frozen corn, thawed
- 10 ounces frozen lima beans, thawed
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a dutch oven and add onions, bell pepper, thyme, salt and pepper.
- Cook, stirring, for 4-5 minutes or until onions begin to brown.
- Add tomato paste, chicken, tomatoes, worcestershire sauce, and water.
- Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to a simmer.
- Cover and simmer the chicken for about 15 minutes.
- Remove the chicken from the dutch oven to a platter for shredding.
- Add the corn and lima beans to the dutch oven.
- Simmer while you shred the chicken with two forks.
- Add the chicken back to the dutch oven and stir to combine the ingredients.
- Simmer until the chicken is completely done.