This is another recipe that was in a cookbooklet I received from chef pines506. This would be good served with slices of hot cornbread.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 medium onions, diced
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 6 plum tomatoes, diced
- 1⁄4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 10 ounces frozen corn, thawed
- 10 ounces frozen lima beans, thawed
- Heat oil in a dutch oven and add onions, bell pepper, thyme, salt and pepper.
- Cook, stirring, for 4-5 minutes or until onions begin to brown.
- Add tomato paste, chicken, tomatoes, worcestershire sauce, and water.
- Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to a simmer.
- Cover and simmer the chicken for about 15 minutes.
- Remove the chicken from the dutch oven to a platter for shredding.
- Add the corn and lima beans to the dutch oven.
- Simmer while you shred the chicken with two forks.
- Add the chicken back to the dutch oven and stir to combine the ingredients.
- Simmer until the chicken is completely done.