Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
wanted to save this one to try later
- olive oil flavored cooking spray or canola oil cooking spray
- 1 leek, thinly sliced
- 400 g chicken breast fillets, cut into thin slices
- 2 cups arborio rice
- 1 cup fresh corn kernels or 1 cup frozen corn kernels
- 1 1⁄4 liters water
- 1 tablespoon maggi chicken stock powder
- 1 cup carnation light and creamy evaporated low-fat milk
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon rind
- 300 g broccoli florets
- 3 tablespoons snipped fresh chives
- Spray a large pan with oil and heat.
- Add leek and cook over medium heat for 2 - 3 minutes or until soft, adding a little water if it starts to stick to the pan.
- Add chicken and cook, stirring until it starts to brown.
- Stir through rice and corn, cook 1 minute.
- Add combined water and stock powder, CARNATION Light & Creamy Evaporated Milk and lemon rind and simmer, uncovered, for 20 - 25 minutes or until the rice is tender and the liquid has been absorbed, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in broccoli and chives and season with pepper to taste. Cook, covered, for 5 minutes or until the broccoli is tender but crisp.
- Garnish with lemon zest, if desired.