Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
I got the recipe for the patties from an online mum's forum I use. But the dressing and salad I invented myself.
- 500 g ground chicken
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄3 cup chopped fresh coriander
- 1 tablespoon Thai sweet chili sauce
- 1 egg white, moderately whisked
- cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons Thai sweet chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 -2 dash lemon juice
- 1 -2 dash fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh coriander
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 8 cups shredded romaine lettuce (we call it cos lettuce)
- 1 large carrot, grated
- 1 small cucumber, sliced
- Mix patty ingredients together, shape into 8 patties and pan fry with a little cooking spray.
- Mix dressing ingredients together, adding water a little at a time, to taste.
- Serve patties over salad and/or cooked rice with dressing drizzled over everything.
These were incredibly delicious! I made these patties into burgers with some lettuce on top, and we dipped the burgers into the sauce. I added some fresh basil to the patties. It was wonderful, and I used up some Thai sweet chili sauce in the process! Thanks!
These were delicious. I originally thought, after mixing the pattie ingredients, that they seemed too moist, but they turned out perfectly, once cooked. I used all the listed ingredients, and also loved the dressing. Would definitely make these again. Thanks Gingernut!
I made very minor changes: egg beaters instead of the egg white, and mixed greens instead of romaine. This is a fabulous recipe. The patties are quite tasty, and the dressing compliments everything perfectly. Yum!!