Prep 25 mins
Cook 25 mins
Ready, Set, Cook! Hidden Valley Contest Entry. Incredibly Moist, Elegant and Easy, you simply will not believe how this low fat version of Chicken Cordon Bleu could taste so incredible and rival other recipes with 10x the fat. (I invented this while trying to adhere to The 17-Day Diet! )
- 1 lb chicken cutlet (6 pieces each 1/4 inch thick)
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup Greek yogurt
- 4 teaspoons Hidden Valley Original Ranch Seasoning Mix (1/2 packet)
- 2 tablespoons chives (can also use scallions)
- 1 teaspoon parsley (fresh or dried)
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- 12 slices ham (I use LandOFrost Honey Ham or any other extra lean deli-thin sliced ham)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper (season to taste)
- 6 toothpicks
- 1.Coat both sides of cutlets in lemon juice. Allow excess juice to drip off and place cutlets on plate while preparing other ingredients.
- 2. Preheat oven to 400. Spray foil lined cookie sheet with vegetable spray.
- 3. Prepare Yogurt mixture by mixing next 5 ingredients together in the order listed.
- 4. Assemble each Cordon Blue as follows: Lightly pepper each cutlet according to taste. Spread approx 1 T. of yogurt/cheese mixture onto chicken. Place two slices of thin ham on top of yogurt mixture, making sure to leave 1 inch from lower edge of cutlet. Roll cutlet up loosely from top end to bottom. Place onto foil lined cookie sheet, ensuring the seam is underneath (on the foil). Secure with toothpick. Repeat with remaining cutlets.
- 5. Use remaining yogurt mixture to evenly coat the tops of each rolled cutlet. This takes approximately 1 T per cutlet and I spread it on with the back of a teaspoon.
- 6. Bake at 400 for 25 minutes, or until golden brown.
- 7. Allow to set for 10 minutes. Slice into pinwheels and ENJOY!