Chef #362357's Note:
I got this recipe from my now ex MIL. This takes a little time, so I only make it once in a blue moon, but it is soooo worth it! I always get rave reviews with this recipe and it tastes even better the next day!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 lb thinly sliced cooked ham (deli style)
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup plain dried breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons minced parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 4 medium boneless skinless chicken breasts (appx. 1 lb.)
- 2 medium tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- salt (to taste)
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 (16 ounce) package spaghetti (or whatever pasta you choose)
- 1Chop ham; mix with parmesan cheese, bread crumbs, parsley and oregano.
- 2Holding knife parallel to work surface and starting from a long side, cut each chicken breast in half (cutting almost but not all the way through). Spread breast halves open and pound with meat mallet till even thickness.
- 3Sprinkle each breast with a heaping tablespoon full of the ham mixture. Roll each breast jelly roll style and secure with toothpicks.
- 4Cut core from each tomato, place tomatoes in boiling waterfor 10 seconds, cool under running water,peel and dice, set aside.
- 5In skillet, over medium , cook chicken rolls in EVOO until browned on all sides and loses pink color throughout (about 10 mins.) Remove to plate to keep warm.
- 6In drippings,in skillet, heat chicken broth and diced tomatoes to boiling stirring to loosen brown bits from bottom of skillet. Reduce heat and simmer over low for five minutes to blend flavors.
- 7While chicken rolls are browning, cook pasta as directed.
- 8Toss with remaining ham mixture. Discard toothpicks in chicken rolls and cut into 1/2 inches thick slices. Serve over pasta.
Browse Our Top Penne Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Cordon Bleu W/ Pasta
Serving Size: 1 (454 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 772.8
- Calories from Fat 160
- Total Fat 17.8 g
- Saturated Fat 4.8 g
- Cholesterol 100.5 mg
- Sodium 594.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 93.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.8 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 55.8 g