Recipe by ChaseNNJ
If you love the taste of restaurant style chicken cordon bleu and thought it was too hard to make...this recipe is for you! We make this frequently for company and it always gets rave reviews from everyone, including my 3 yr old!
Top Review by J-Lynn
Very tasty, and not too difficult! I used chicken broth instead of wine. I found the easiest way to stuff the chicken was to use a very sharp knife to slit a pocket in it. I used 4 chicken breasts, cut in half to make 8 pieces, and still used up all the filling ingredients. There are just two of us so I froze 3 packs of two for later meals, and will bread them when thawed. Delicious! The plain breading gets nice and crisp and perfectly complements all the flavor inside!
- 5 boneless skinless chicken breasts, in half
- 1⁄2 lb ham, cubed
- 1⁄2 lb swiss cheese, cubed
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1⁄2 cup milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Take chicken breast and cut a slit in each lengthwise.
- Mix in a small bowl the swiss cheese, ham cubes, parsley, white wine and spices.
- Fill in the chicken pockets with ham mixture.
- Dredge chicken in milk then bread crumbs. Place in baking dish sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
- Cook at 350* for 30 to 45 minutes, until chicken reaches 165* and is a nice light golden brown.