Recipe by love4culinary
I'm posting this in response to a request. I havent tried it as yet.
Top Review by LorenLou
This soup had a fantastic flavor, but it turned out to be so thick that it could not have been served to guests. It was almost one big ball of cheese! Maybe I did something wrong - didn't melt the cheese slowly enough? I don't know, as it was very delicious, I think I may try to make it again, melting very, very slowly, and using less cheese. Sorry!
- vegetable oil, enough to saute chicken
- 2 1⁄4 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, diced
- 6 cups whole milk
- 3 tablespoons chicken base
- 2 teaspoons tarragon, whole leaf
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon curry powder
- 48 ounces swiss cheese
- 1⁄2 cup chablis
- 1 cup sour cream
- 16 ounces cooked ham or 16 ounces Canadian bacon or 16 ounces smoked ham, diced
Directions See How It's Made
- First you will want to saute your chicken in your oil until it is cooked through (dont overcook) and set it aside.
- Next you will want to take out a double boiler and heat your milk in a double boiler (where you water underneath is boiling slightly).
- Next you will add your chicken base, tarragon, garlic, white pepper, and curry powder.
- When the milk is warm, you will want to add your swiss cheese, mixing it until melted and smooth.
- Once the cheese has melted, add your chapblis very slowly.
- Stir lightly, constantly and add your sour cream and combine thoroughly.
- Add ham and sauted chicken to the double boiler and cook for about 15 minutes on low simmer until heated through (make sure the water in your double boiler isnt boiling!).