Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I'm posting this in response to a request. I havent tried it as yet.
Make and share this Chicken Cordon Bleu Soup recipe from Food.com.
- vegetable oil, enough to saute chicken
- 2 1⁄4 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, diced
- 6 cups whole milk
- 3 tablespoons chicken base
- 2 teaspoons tarragon, whole leaf
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon curry powder
- 48 ounces swiss cheese
- 1⁄2 cup chablis
- 1 cup sour cream
- 16 ounces cooked ham or 16 ounces Canadian bacon or 16 ounces smoked ham, diced
- First you will want to saute your chicken in your oil until it is cooked through (dont overcook) and set it aside.
- Next you will want to take out a double boiler and heat your milk in a double boiler (where you water underneath is boiling slightly).
- Next you will add your chicken base, tarragon, garlic, white pepper, and curry powder.
- When the milk is warm, you will want to add your swiss cheese, mixing it until melted and smooth.
- Once the cheese has melted, add your chapblis very slowly.
- Stir lightly, constantly and add your sour cream and combine thoroughly.
- Add ham and sauted chicken to the double boiler and cook for about 15 minutes on low simmer until heated through (make sure the water in your double boiler isnt boiling!).