Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Great easy variation on cordon blue
Make and share this Chicken Cordon Bleu Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 6 cups milk
- 3 tablespoons chicken base
- 2 teaspoons whole leaf tarragon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon curry powder
- 3 lbs swiss cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 lb smoked ham or 1 lb Canadian bacon, diced
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, diced raw
- Heat milk in a double boiler, water slightly boiling.
- Add chicken base, tarragon, garlic, pepper, curry powder.
- After milk is warm, add the cheese, whipping until melted. Mix well.
- While mixing, add sour cream. Mix well. Add ham.
- Saute diced chicken in vegetable oil until cooked. Drain well and add to the soup.
- Cook about 15 minutes on low simmer (water not boiling).