1/3 Photos of Chicken Cordon Bleu Soup
I found this recipe somewhere on the internet and have had it for many years. The woman who posted this said that her son worked at the Diamond Run Golf Club (I have no idea where that is) and that when he made this, he couldn't make enough of it. I have revised the recipe somewhat because the original post was for 20 servings, and had no herbs/spices listed. I have included seasonings that are ones that I have enjoyed in this easy soup.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 3/4 cups heavy cream
- 1 1/2 cups ham, diced
- 1/2 cup swiss cheese, diced or 1/2 cup swiss cheese, grated
- 1 1/2 cups chicken, diced (approximately 2 skinless boneless chicken breasts)
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 1/2 cup celery, diced
- salt, to taste
- white pepper or fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder (optional)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons tarragon (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon basil (optional)
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 4 tablespoons water
- 1Saute the chicken cubes in a little oil until they are lightly browned.
- 2In large stock pot place broth, ham, chicken, celery, onion, and bring to boil.
- 3In medium pot place heavy cream and swiss cheese; heat until cheese is melted.
- 4Add cheese mixture to the large pot and add salt and pepper to taste.
- 5Mix cornstarch with water. Add about half of it to the soup to thicken it, then add more until the consistency is what you want.
- 6Bring to a boil; then serve.
- 7Garnish with additional grated Swiss cheese, if desired.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Cordon Bleu Soup
Serving Size: 1 (618 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 575.5
- Calories from Fat 427
- Total Fat 47.5 g
- Saturated Fat 28.0 g
- Cholesterol 182.3 mg
- Sodium 2112.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 25.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: