1/5 Photos of Chicken Cordon Bleu Soup
Absolutely delicious! I am very pleased how this soup came out. Luxurious and comforting at the same time. :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, in small cubes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups whole milk (or 1 cup half and half and 1 cup water)
- 3 cups unsalted chicken stock
- 1/2 teaspoon dried french tarragon leaf, pieces
- 1 clove garlic, smashed and minced
- 2 scallions, white and light green parts, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon mild curry powder
- 8 ounces swiss cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 cup diced cooked ham or 1 cup smoked ham
- fresh ground black pepper or tricolor pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon freshly minced basil
- 1In a skillet over medium high heat, sauté the chicken breasts in the olive oil until browned, about 7 to 9 minutes; remove from skillet, drain of excess oil, and set aside, keeping warm.
- 2In a large heavy saucepan, heat the milk and chicken broth over medium temperature.
- 3Add the tarragon (crushing it a bit in your hand, first), garlic, scallion, white pepper, and curry powder, and bring to a light simmer.
- 4Add 3/4th of the Swiss cheese gradually (reserving the remaining 1/4 for garnish), stirring constantly, until well-incorporated.
- 5Gradually add the white wine, then the sour cream.
- 6Using an immersion blender, whir the soup until all ingredients are smoothly incorporated (soup may have a tendency to separate before this point); alternately, you can pour it all into the blender or food processor.
- 7Put the soup back in the saucepan if you removed it, then add the ham, and the cooked chicken breast; season to taste with salt and freshly ground pepper.
- 8Simmer on low heat for 10 minutes.
- 9Garnish with reserved grated Swiss cheese and basil and serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Cordon Bleu Soup
Serving Size: 1 (502 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 587.5
- Calories from Fat 327
- Total Fat 36.3 g
- Saturated Fat 16.8 g
- Cholesterol 137.0 mg
- Sodium 313.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 7.8 g
- Protein 45.6 g