Recipe by Chef shapeweaver �
I had made some rolls out of Failproof French Bread (Bread Machine) by Chef Marie.And didn't want to just put any ordinary sandwich fillings in it. So, I came up with the idea for a chicken sandwich which I think is so good it doesn't need any mayo.And if you know me I eat mayo, on any sandwich.:) .This is a recipe for one so if you want you can make another one to share, or maybe not ;)The ham that I used was the wafer type luncheon meat. The cooking time includes time under the broiler. Submitted to "ZAAR" on January 14th, 2009.
- vegetable oil (for frying)
- 1 frozen breaded chicken fillet, pattie thawed
- 4 slices of brown sugar honey-roasted ham (thin slices)
- 1 slice swiss cheese
- 1 French bread, roll split
Directions See How It's Made
- In a skillet large enough to cook the chicken pattie, heat oil until hot,but not smoking over medium heat.
- Add thawed chicken pattie and cook on both sides until golden brown.
- Put chicken on bottom half of bun, top with ham slices and add cheese.
- Place onto a foil lined cookie sheet, put top half of bun beside sandwich and place under broiler until cheese is melted and lightly browned.
- Put top on sandwich, and then DEVOUR !