Prep 40 mins
Cook 12 mins
Found on 30 Day Gourmet
- 48 rolls crescent roll dough
- 1⁄3 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup shredded swiss cheese
- 2⁄3 lb chicken breast, cooked and diced (about 2 cups)
- 1⁄3 lb ham, cooked and diced (about 1 cup)
- Assembly Directions:.
- Remove rolls from package and connect triangles to form rectangles.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a mixing bowl, mix the sour cream, Parmesan cheese, and Swiss cheese. Add the diced chicken and ham and toss until coated. Evenly divide the filling between the pockets using about 1/4°C of mixture per pocket. Fold one side of the pocket over the other side. Seal the edges by pressing with the tines of a fork. Transfer the pockets to a cookie sheet. Bake at 375 for 12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Freezing Directions:.
- Allow to cool on the baking sheet. Place in rigid containers or freezer bags. Seal, label and freeze.
- Serving Directions:.
- Thaw in the refrigerator overnight. Microwave on high for 2 to 4 minutes or until the pockets are hot. Place in a warmed thermos and close lid.
- You can use the flaky Biscuit dough. Peel each biscuit in half and flatten with palm of your hand. Fill with stuffing and fold in half.
So so yummy!!!
The recipe says it 'makes 24 pockets'. The filling is correct, but remember to buy 48 pockets to achieve this. Just an oversight on the author's part, and no real biggie if you realize that. Otherwise, I can say, this has become a family favorite. We've tried the biscuits and the croissant rolls. The croissant rolls are definitely preferred in this household. They are very portable, make-aheadable (LOL) and quite fun and tasty! The kids get very excited to help make these. I actually do several make ahead meals, in disposable foil containers (not unlike some of the make your own meal places). This one works well, and is great for dinner with a salad, lunches or after school snacks (I just can't keep the kids out). I recommend this recipe wholeheartedly as a great thing for working moms!!!!