Prep 0 mins
Cook 1 hr
I was craving chicken cordon bleu but didn't feel like going through all that work. I love the sauce that you pour down over the noodles. You can even use it to pour over the chicken cordon bleu itself the next time you find the time to make it.
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken
- 1 (16 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1⁄2 lb of sliced ham
- egg noodles
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 lb mushroom
- Begin by slicing the ham into small strips and set aside. Slice the mushrooms and set aside.
- Place a pot of water to boil on the stove.
- In a skillet pan sear the chicken to brown on both sides. then place the skillet in a 375 degree oven for 30 minutes. or until meat is done.
- Melt butter in a sauce pan over medium high heat.
- Add mushrooms and ham and saute for a few minutes. Basically until mushrooms are tender.
- To the saucepan add flour and cook a few minutes to get rid of that raw flour flavor.
- Add chicken broth to the mixture in the saucepan. You will need to stir continually so that the mixture doesn't lump up.
- Once the broth has slightly thickened add the 1/2 cup of whipping cream and cheese. Then stir to combine all the flavors. Put on low heat just to keep warm.
- Add egg noodles once the water is boiling and cook as directed on package. usually 6-8 minutes.
- To serve place egg noodles on a plate and pour sauce over the egg noodles. Slice chicken into strips and pile on top of the sauce. Garnish with a sprig of fresh parsley.