Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
The flavors of the classic French recipe are recast in this simple pasta dish. We used roasted chicken purchased in the meat department to speed things up.
- 8 ounces uncooked medium egg noodles
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups nonfat milk, divided
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded jarlsberg cheese
- 2 cups chopped roasted boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1 cup diced lean deli ham
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- Cook noodles according to package directions, omitting salt and fat.
- While noodles cook, lightly spoon flour into a dry measuring cup, and level with a knife. Combine flour and 1/4 cup milk in a heavy saucepan, stirring with a whisk until smooth. Place the pan over medium heat; whisk in 1 3/4 cups milk and mustard. Cook 6 minutes or until mixture begins to thicken, stirring constantly. Reduce heat to low. Add the cheese, stirring until melted. Stir in the chicken, peas, ham, and black pepper, and serve over noodles.