Recipe by Lainey6605
This recipe is from Rachael Ray. My kids loved them. It can be served as dinner or an appetizer.
Top Review by KPD
these were great, sorry i didn't review earlier! i made these last year for dd's birthday party. they were a hit. i served with a honey mustard dipping sauce. they were a little difficult to bread, so i went ahead and stuck toothpicks through the rolled up product before breading. then it seemed to go much smoother. i made these up ahead of time and froze, then just baked for a few minutes longer than recommended. i also drizzled with melted butter before baking. oh and i used panko breadcrumbs and i took already grilled chicken breasts from the safeway deli to save on time! thanks for posting.
- cooking spray
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup dried breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 6 slices deli ham (about 5 ounces, cut lengthwise into 4 strips each)
- 6 slices swiss cheese (about 5 ounces, cut lengthwise into 4 strips each)
- 1 large boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 24 chunks
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray 2 baking sheets with cooking spray.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs with a splash of water.
- On a plate, combine the breadcrumbs and thyme.
- On another plate, combine flour with a pinch each of salt and pepper.
- Lay 12 ham strips on a work surface.
- Top each with a cheese strip.
- Place a chicken chunk toward the end of each strip and roll up to enclose the chicken.
- Working with 1 chicken nugget at a time, lightly coat with the flour, then the egg, then the breadcrumbs.
- Transfer seam side down to the prepared baking sheets.
- Lightly spray the nuggets with cooking spray and bake until crisp, about 20 minutes.