Recipe by Cosmotologist_mom_of_2
I came up with this recipe because I love Chicken Cordon Bleu... but, to me, it's always too greasy when fried. Very Tasty!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 6 slices ham (thin not shaved)
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese (block)
- 3 slices swiss cheese
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 (2 3/4 ounce) package Shake-n-Bake (your choice of flavor)
- 1 cup ranch dressing
- 2 tablespoons white wine
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Cut 8 thin slices Mozzarella Cheese (to go in chicken breasts) 2 per chicken breast. Set aside.
- Cut up remainder of Mozzarella Cheese in small chunks (for sauce). Put in a small pot on stovetop.(don't heat yet).
- Cut up 1 slice of Swiss and put in pot with Mozzarella. Set aside.
- Cut the remaining 2 slices of Swiss in half. Set aside with Mozzarella slices.
- Rinse Chicken breasts.
- Cut Chicken breasts in half (make sure they are still attached at one side.
- Insert 2 slices of ham, two slices of mozzarella, and one slice of swiss.
- Fold top of Chicken breast over until all ingredients inside are covered.
- Use as many toothpicks as you need to keep chicken breast closed.
- Repeat to 3 remaining breasts.
- Mix 1 cup of Ranch Dressing with 1/2 cup of heavy cream. Mix till well blended.
- Put Shake and bake breading in bowl.
- Cover Chicken Breasts w/ Ranch mixture -- then cover generously in breading mixture. Put in baking pan. Repeat to other chicken breasts.
- Once in pan -- you can take toothpicks out.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes.
- While Chicken is baking, Make sauce mixture.
- Mix 1/2 cup heavy cream w/ chunked cheese. Heat till melted.
- Add a splash of white wine.
- Mix while heating to keep from burning and sticking.
- When Chicken breasts are done, pour sauce over top and serve.