Recipe by out of here
This is my version of chicken Cordon Blue. I lightened it up a little.
Top Review by lets.eat
I would have given this recipe 5 plus stars if the cook time was correct. I believe it took nearly an hour or more. I kept adding between 5-10 min. until the chicken registered 170 degrees. The end result was wonderful. Moist and tasty without frying.
- 1⁄4 cup reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 5 teaspoons butter, melted
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh parmigiano-reggiano cheese
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 slices maple honey-roasted ham
- 4 slices mozzarella cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Place the broth in a microwaveable bowl at high 15 seconds.
- Stir in the butter and garlic.
- Combine the breadcrumbs, parmigiano cheese and paprika in a shallow bowl; set aside.
- Place the chicken on a cutting board and pound with a meat mallet to 1/4 inch thick.
- Sprinkle both sides of chicken with the salt, oregano and pepper.
- Top each breast with one slice of ham and one slice of cheese.
- Roll up each breast jelly-roll fashion.
- Dip each roll in chicken broth mixture; roll in breadcrumbs.
- Place rolls, seam side down in an 8-inch square pan coated with cooking spray.
- Pour remaining broth over the chicken.
- Bake at 350° for 35 minutes or tops are golden brown.