Recipe by Pepper Monkey
I originally found this recipe in a Pillsbury casseroles cookbook. It looked so interesting, different and yummy that i had to make it. I loved it and I hope you will too! This goes great with a nice white wine, a salad and some garlic bread.
Top Review by emilycrabtree
will definitely put this one away for the future.. I made it for my new boyfriend and we both really enjoyed it.. I would suggest being generous with salt and adding vegetables next time but overall fantastic recipe very creamy and not runny at all. turned out exactly like the photo.. best wishes!
- 2 eggs
- 1 (15 ounce) container ricotta cheese
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley
- 2 cups diced cooked chicken
- 2 cups diced cooked ham
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 (16 ounce) jar alfredo sauce (i used my own home made version)
- 6 uncooked lasagna noodles
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup shredded swiss cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Beat together eggs, ricotta, cottage and parmesan cheeses and 1/4 cup parsley.
- In another bowl mix ham, chicken, garlic powder, half of the mozzarella and alfredo sauce.
- Grease a 13 x 9 baking dish and spread about 1/2 cup of the chicken mixture.
- Top chicken mixture with three uncooked lasagna noodles.
- Put half of the cheese mixture on next.
- Now half of the remaining chicken mixture.
- Repeat layers and top with swiss cheese and remaining mozzarella cheese. NOTE: you can use guyere instead of swiss, although I haven't tried this variation yet.
- Cover tightly with foil and bake for one hour or undit hot and bubbly on top.
- I like mine a little brown on top so I remove the foil in the last 10 minutes or so.
- Sprinkle with parsley and let stand for 15 minutes before serving.