I originally found this recipe in a Pillsbury casseroles cookbook. It looked so interesting, different and yummy that i had to make it. I loved it and I hope you will too! This goes great with a nice white wine, a salad and some garlic bread.
- 2 eggs
- 1 (15 ounce) container ricotta cheese
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley
- 2 cups diced cooked chicken
- 2 cups diced cooked ham
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 (16 ounce) jar alfredo sauce (i used my own home made version)
- 6 uncooked lasagna noodles
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup shredded swiss cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Beat together eggs, ricotta, cottage and parmesan cheeses and 1/4 cup parsley.
- In another bowl mix ham, chicken, garlic powder, half of the mozzarella and alfredo sauce.
- Grease a 13 x 9 baking dish and spread about 1/2 cup of the chicken mixture.
- Top chicken mixture with three uncooked lasagna noodles.
- Put half of the cheese mixture on next.
- Now half of the remaining chicken mixture.
- Repeat layers and top with swiss cheese and remaining mozzarella cheese. NOTE: you can use guyere instead of swiss, although I haven't tried this variation yet.
- Cover tightly with foil and bake for one hour or undit hot and bubbly on top.
- I like mine a little brown on top so I remove the foil in the last 10 minutes or so.
- Sprinkle with parsley and let stand for 15 minutes before serving.
will definitely put this one away for the future.. I made it for my new boyfriend and we both really enjoyed it.. I would suggest being generous with salt and adding vegetables next time but overall fantastic recipe very creamy and not runny at all. turned out exactly like the photo.. best wishes!
We really enjoy this and have made it many times! A nice change on a traditional favorite! Thank you!
When my kids saw me assembling this lasagna, they thought it was going to be delicious. However, we didn't like the finished product.