Recipe by Linky
This is a combination of several recipes using ingredients that I usually have on hand. I used the kind of ham that comes in 3 ounce packages with about 8 very thin slices. (Buddig is the brand if that helps.) For cheese I used one wedge of low fat Laughing Cow swiss cheese per breast. DH loved it so I thought I'd share!
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 4 slices ham
- 2 ounces swiss cheese
- 1 beaten egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs, seasoned
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Place chicken breasts between 2 pieces of plastic wrap. Using flat side of meat mallet, pound chicken lightly into a rectangle about 1/4 inch thick.
- Remove wrap and repeat with other breast.
- Place 2 slices of ham on each chicken piece. Cut a cheese wedge into 3 or 4 pieces and lay along center of ham slice. Fold in bottom and sides; secure with toothpicks.
- Coat rolls with flour. Dip into bowl with egg and water mixture; coat with bread crumbs.
- Dip in egg mixture again, coat with more bread crumbs.
- Heat butter and oil in 10 inch skillet. Cook rolls until browned on each side and no longer pink for about 15-20 minutes. Bake in preheated 400 degree oven for an additional 15 minutes.