Recipe by Chef Buggsy Mate
I lonce had chicken cordon blue crepes in a resteraunt and loved them. So I decided to play with a crepe recipe at home to see if I could come up with something close. I really like the results. The filling and sauce is also very good over egg noodles and rice too! Note: Prep time includes the 1 hour needed to chill the crepe batter. Extra time has also been added to the cooking time to include the cooking of the crepes (this is a guesstimate since I did not check the time when I started.)
Top Review by mummamills
I too made my own crepe recipe, but then followed the recipe.<br/>I used 3 large slices of triple smoked ham. (yum)<br/>I sliced 2 chicken breasts, sauted them in a little butter and oil, and then simmered them with a cup of water and some chicken stock powder. I used this for the sauce........highly recommended! <br/>Not a huge fan of swiss cheese, but in this it does work well. I would like to mix in a little Mersey Valley sharp cheese next time, for a little more "bite"<br/>great recipe, will definately make it again, and I pretty sure it would freeze well!<br/>made for Aussie swap, Jan 2014
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1 cup chopped cooked ham
- 3⁄4 cup shredded swiss cheese
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1⁄4 cup shredded swiss cheese
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons finely chopped ham
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, whisk flour, eggs and milk until smooth. Cover and refrigerate 1 hour.
- Heat a lightly greased 7" skillet.
- Pour 2-2.5 Tbs batter in center of skillet; tilt to coat bottom of pan.
- Cook until top appears dry; turn and cook 15-20 seconds longer.
- Remove to a plate and repeat (Important place sheets of wax paper between crepes to prevent them from sticking together).
- Sprinkle chicken, ham and swiss cheese over crepes. Roll up tightly and place seam side down in greased 9x13" baking dish.
- For sauce: In a small sauce pan, melt butter.
- Stir in flour until blended.
- Gradually whisk in both broth & milk and bring to a boil.
- Cook and stir 1-2 minutes until thickened.
- Remove from heat; stir in swiss cheese and ham and stir until cheese is melted.
- Pour 1 cup sauce over the crepes.
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes.
- Serve with remaining sauce.