1/6 Photos of Chicken Cordon Bleu Crepes
2 hrs 45 mins
Chef Buggsy Mate's Note:
I lonce had chicken cordon blue crepes in a resteraunt and loved them. So I decided to play with a crepe recipe at home to see if I could come up with something close. I really like the results. The filling and sauce is also very good over egg noodles and rice too! Note: Prep time includes the 1 hour needed to chill the crepe batter. Extra time has also been added to the cooking time to include the cooking of the crepes (this is a guesstimate since I did not check the time when I started.)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a bowl, whisk flour, eggs and milk until smooth. Cover and refrigerate 1 hour.
- 2Heat a lightly greased 7" skillet.
- 3Pour 2-2.5 Tbs batter in center of skillet; tilt to coat bottom of pan.
- 4Cook until top appears dry; turn and cook 15-20 seconds longer.
- 5Remove to a plate and repeat (Important place sheets of wax paper between crepes to prevent them from sticking together).
- 6Sprinkle chicken, ham and swiss cheese over crepes. Roll up tightly and place seam side down in greased 9x13" baking dish.
- 7For sauce: In a small sauce pan, melt butter.
- 8Stir in flour until blended.
- 9Gradually whisk in both broth & milk and bring to a boil.
- 10Cook and stir 1-2 minutes until thickened.
- 11Remove from heat; stir in swiss cheese and ham and stir until cheese is melted.
- 12Pour 1 cup sauce over the crepes.
- 13Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes.
- 14Serve with remaining sauce.
Browse Our Top Ham Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Cordon Bleu Crepes
Serving Size: 1 (223 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 7
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 386.1
- Calories from Fat 185
- Total Fat 20.5 g
- Saturated Fat 10.5 g
- Cholesterol 143.6 mg
- Sodium 256.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 27.3 g