Cook1 hr 30 mins
This makes such an elegant looking (and tasting) dish. Allow an hour chilling for the crepe batter, crepes can be made up to 3 days ahead of time, just stack them between wax paper sheets, or white paper towels. Cool, than and place them in an airtight container.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 2 cups coarsely chopped cooked chicken
- 2⁄3 cup chopped cooked ham
- 1 cup shredded swiss cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granule
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1⁄4 cup shredded swiss cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped cooked ham
- minced fresh parsley
- In a bowl, wisk the flour, eggs and milk until smooth. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Heat a lightly greased 7-in. skillet. Pour about 2 tablespoons batter into the skillet; lift and tilt pan to evenly coat the bottom. Cook until the top appears dry; turn and cook 15-20 seconds longer. Remove to a plate. Repeat with the remaining batter, adding more oil to the skillet as needed. Place waxed paper betweeen crepes. Sprinkle chicken, ham and swiss cheese over crepes. Roll up tightly. Place seam side down in a greased 13x9x2 baking dish.
- For the sauce, in a small saucepan, melt the butter. Stir in the flour and bouillon until blended. Gradually whisk in the milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly. Remove from the heat. Stir in swiss cheese and ham until cheese is melted. Pour 2/3 cup sauce over crepes. Bake uncovered, at 350' for 15-20 minutes or until bubbly and heated through. Sprinkle with parsley. Serve with remaining sauce.