Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is a recipe I found at RecipeCircus and modified to meet my family's needs. We gobbled it up.
- 4 cups boneless chicken, cooked and cubed
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans cream of celery soup
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 2 cups cubed ham
- 1 1⁄2 cups swiss cheese, shredded
- 1 (6 ounce) seasoned stuffing mix
- Mix all ingredients but stuffing mix together.
- Place in freezer bag and freeze.
- To serve, thaw in refrigerator overnight.
- Put mixture in the bottom of a casserole dish.
- Fix stuffing, and spread on top of soup mixture.
- Cover with foil. Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes.
I really wanted to like this more than I did. I loved that it was simple to put together, freeze and bake later. I found it to be a little soupy even after I baked it longer than recommended.
I wasn't as crazy about this as my husband was, but I do agree that it is good. I think he prefers cordon bleu more than I do, so that probably accounts for him liking it more than me. It is good, though, and easy to put together, so it's definitely one I'll make again.
Holy cow! This is GREAT!!! I really like Chicken Cordon Bleu. I tried to make it once and it was very time consuming and didn't turn out right. However, this casserole is the PERFECT alternative. It's very easy, freezes well, and tastes excellent! My whole family agrees =D Thanks for the keeper!