Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is my variation on Chicken Cordon Blue Casserole #5FIX the winner of the #5fix contest winner, using shredded potatoes instead and Condensed Cream of Soup Mix ( Homemade Substitute ) Condensed Cream of Soup Mix. I also changed the assembly method. We really enjoyed it.
- 1⁄3 cup condensed cream soup mix, Condensed Cream of Soup Mix ( Homemade Substitute )
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 (20 ounce) package Simply Potatoes® Shredded Hash Browns
- 1 cup cooked chicken, and chopped in (1/2 inch cubes)
- 1 cup ham, cooked and chopped in (1/2 inch cubes)
- 2 cups swiss cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Spray a 11 x 7 casserole with cooking spray.
- In a small saucepan whisk soup mix and water together, bring to boil.
- Boil 1 minute, stirring frequently. Remove from heat, set aside.
- Spread half the potatoes in casserole.
- Evenly distribute chicken and ham over potatoes.
- Evenly distribute 1 cup of swiss cheese over chicken and ham.
- Cover with the remaining potatoes.
- Pour soup mixture evenly over potatoes.
- Evenly distribute remaining 1 cup of swiss cheese over soup mixture.
- Tent loosely with non-stick foil.
- Bake at 425F, 20 minutes. Remove foil bake another 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let rest 5-10 minutes. Serve.