Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is true Chicken Cordon Bleu for me. Bite sized pieces make it a favorite for children. You can make the casserole a day or two ahead of time, and just pop it in the oven for a quick meal. For a lighter twist, you could skip the breading on the chicken and just brown in a pan. I can guarrantee that you won't have any leftovers with this dish.
- 1 egg
- 118.29 ml milk
- 907.18 g chicken breasts, cubed
- 236.59 ml plain breadcrumbs
- 236.59 ml oil (for frying)
- 226.79 g swiss cheese, cubed
- 226.79 g cubed ham
- 340.19 g alfredo sauce (your favorite)
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Beat egg and 1/2 cup milk together until combined. Stir in the chicken chunks to coat, then drain, and coat with bread crumbs. Heat oil in a large skillet to 375°F (190°C). Fry breaded chicken cubes in hot oil until golden brown on all sides, then remove, and drain on paper towels.
- Place chicken && ham cubes in glass baking dish. Pour alfredo sauce over chicken && ham, top with Swiss cheese.
- Bake in preheated oven until golden brown and bubbly, about 30 minutes.