Recipe by Lainey6605
I love this casserole. I also love the fact that it doesn't use any "cream of" soups. Plan in advance - the dish must be prepared and refrigerated for two hours and then sit at room temperature for 1 hour before baking. I got this wonderful recipe from Paula Deen's magazine.
- 6 slice sourdough bread, crusts removed
- 6 slice swiss cheese
- 6 slice provolone cheese
- 118.29 ml Dijon mustard
- 5 slice prosciutto, thin slices, julienned
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cooked and cut into strips
- 4 large eggs
- 473.18 ml half-and-half
- 118.29 ml sour cream
- 29.58 ml fresh parsley, chopped
- 29.58 ml fresh thyme, chopped
- 4.92 ml salt
- 4.92 ml ground black pepper
- 354.88 ml caesar-flavor croutons, crushed
Directions See How It's Made
- Lightly grease a 13x9-inch baking dish.
- Layer bread, Swiss cheese, and provolone in prepared baking dish.
- Spread mustard over provolone cheese.
- Sprinkle with prosciutto, and top with chicken strips.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs and half-and-half.
- Whisk in sour cream, fresh herbs, salt and pepper.
- Pour egg mixture over layered casserole.
- Cover, and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Let sit at room temperature for 1 hour before baking.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cover with crushed croutons.
- Bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour, or until hot and bubbly.