Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 5 mins
A very versatile recipe that I found in one of my favorite brand name cookbooklets. Other flavors of fast-cooking rice mixes can be used, almonds or cranberries would add a nice zip as well as sliced mushrooms.
- 946.36 ml boiling water
- 2 small carrots, shredded (1 cup)
- 29.58 ml butter or 29.58 ml margarine
- 2 (340.19 g) package chicken-flavor long grain wild rice mix, fast cooking
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 2 1/2 pounds)
- 4 slice ham, fully cooked, cut in half (1/8 inch thick)
- 4 slice swiss cheese, cut in half
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 13 x 9 x 2 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Add water, carrots, butter, and rice mix to baking dish. Place chicken on rice mixture and top with ham.
- Cover baking dish with foil and bake for 55 to 60 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and thickest pieces of chicken are no longer pink when cut.
- Place cheese on ham slices and bake uncovered 3 to 4 minutes longer or until cheese melts.
Good stuff and super fast and easy!!!! I added a bag of frozen broccoli cuts and 1/3 a cup or so of sliced celery. There seemed to be a high rice ratio, so next time I would reduce that a bit or add even more veggies. Thanks for the great EASY meal lauralie!
This is delicious, and a nice easy way to make a variation on chicken cordon bleu! I used Long Grain and Wild Rice Mix for the long grain & wild rice blend and served with a pea dish on the side. Thanks for sharing! ZWT8
I love chicken cordon bleu. Never seen a recipe that turned it into a casserole. It looks so tasty, I can't wait to try it. The casserole looks filling and wholesome. Great recipe.