Recipe by lauralie41
A very versatile recipe that I found in one of my favorite brand name cookbooklets. Other flavors of fast-cooking rice mixes can be used, almonds or cranberries would add a nice zip as well as sliced mushrooms.
Top Review by 932ninja
Good stuff and super fast and easy!!!! I added a bag of frozen broccoli cuts and 1/3 a cup or so of sliced celery. There seemed to be a high rice ratio, so next time I would reduce that a bit or add even more veggies. Thanks for the great EASY meal lauralie!
- 4 cups boiling water
- 2 small carrots, shredded (1 cup)
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 (6 ounce) packages chicken-flavor long grain wild rice mix, fast cooking
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 2 1/2 pounds)
- 4 slices ham, fully cooked, cut in half (1/8 inch thick)
- 4 slices swiss cheese, cut in half
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 13 x 9 x 2 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Add water, carrots, butter, and rice mix to baking dish. Place chicken on rice mixture and top with ham.
- Cover baking dish with foil and bake for 55 to 60 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and thickest pieces of chicken are no longer pink when cut.
- Place cheese on ham slices and bake uncovered 3 to 4 minutes longer or until cheese melts.