1/3 Photos of Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole
1 hr 20 mins
1 hr 5 mins
A very versatile recipe that I found in one of my favorite brand name cookbooklets. Other flavors of fast-cooking rice mixes can be used, almonds or cranberries would add a nice zip as well as sliced mushrooms.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 cups boiling water
- 2 small carrots, shredded (1 cup)
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 (6 ounce) packages chicken-flavor long grain wild rice mix, fast cooking
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 2 1/2 pounds)
- 4 slices ham, fully cooked, cut in half (1/8 inch thick)
- 4 slices swiss cheese, cut in half
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 13 x 9 x 2 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- 2Add water, carrots, butter, and rice mix to baking dish. Place chicken on rice mixture and top with ham.
- 3Cover baking dish with foil and bake for 55 to 60 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and thickest pieces of chicken are no longer pink when cut.
- 4Place cheese on ham slices and bake uncovered 3 to 4 minutes longer or until cheese melts.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (266 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 218.3
- Calories from Fat 88
- Total Fat 9.8 g
- Saturated Fat 4.9 g
- Cholesterol 96.0 mg
- Sodium 201.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 0.7 g
- Protein 28.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chicken-flavor long grain wild rice mix