Recipe by ~Lynn~
A little different from the other Cordon Bleu recipes in that this one is prepared with stuffing mix as well as chicken, ham, swiss cheese and cream of chicken soup. Very simple to throw together for a yummy one dish meal!
Top Review by jaybee chef
This was barely passable, totally lacking in flavor. The swiss cheese was the only flavor that came through, and this is after I highly seasoned the chicken after reading a review that commented on the blandness. I don't believe I'll make this again, although it was an easy preparation. Unhappily, we have half of it left over, so hopefully it improves after reheating.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 4 slice deli ham (I prefer smoked)
- 4 slice swiss cheese, large (or may use shredded)
- 283.49 g can cream of chicken soup
- 118.29 ml water
- 118.29 ml butter or 118.29 ml margarine
- 170.09 g box seasoned stuffing mix
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Spray a 9 x 13 baking dish with non-stick spray.
- Place chicken on bottom then layer with ham and cheese.
- Mix cream of chicken soup with water and pour over chicken.
- Melt butter and mix with stuffing mix and place on top.
- Cover and bake for approximately 1 1/2 hours or until juices run clear.
- For a crunchier topping, remove cover for last 30 minutes or so of baking time.
- No need to salt or season since the stuffing provides all of this for you.