Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook1 hr 30 mins
A little different from the other Cordon Bleu recipes in that this one is prepared with stuffing mix as well as chicken, ham, swiss cheese and cream of chicken soup. Very simple to throw together for a yummy one dish meal!
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Spray a 9 x 13 baking dish with non-stick spray.
- Place chicken on bottom then layer with ham and cheese.
- Mix cream of chicken soup with water and pour over chicken.
- Melt butter and mix with stuffing mix and place on top.
- Cover and bake for approximately 1 1/2 hours or until juices run clear.
- For a crunchier topping, remove cover for last 30 minutes or so of baking time.
- No need to salt or season since the stuffing provides all of this for you.
This was barely passable, totally lacking in flavor. The swiss cheese was the only flavor that came through, and this is after I highly seasoned the chicken after reading a review that commented on the blandness. I don't believe I'll make this again, although it was an easy preparation. Unhappily, we have half of it left over, so hopefully it improves after reheating.
I made this for my husband and I, I made it with the 4 serving recipe, and it was so delicious, we ate it all in one sitting. Now I'm throwing a dinner party on Friday and I'm doubling the recipe, I'm sure everyone will love it. :D
After reading all the reviews, I made this as a quick dinner. I pre cooked the chicken and mixed a little dijon mustard with the cream of chicken soup. I saved on the fat by using reduced fat soup. It was very tasty and my family loved it. Plus it's also good the second day (I doubled the chicken, ham, cheese and soup)