Prep 25 mins
Cook 30 mins
My family loved this recipe. All the flavors of the real deal, only quicker to put on the table. It would be a lovely brunch dish too.
- 907.18 g skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size chunks
- dry breadcrumbs
- 118.29 ml milk
- 1 egg, mixed with the milk
- 226.79 g swiss cheese, cubed
- 226.79 g ham, diced
- 304.75 g can cream of chicken soup
- 236.59 ml milk
- Dip chicken in egg and milk mixture, then toss with bread crumbs, coating well.
- Brown in a little oil until golden.
- Place chicken in a baking dish, add cheese and ham.
- Mix soup with 1 cup of milk and pour over all.
- Bake at 350°F for 30-35 minutes, or until tender and bubbly.
All of the flavors of the real deal but in significantly less time. It was really easy to prepare especailly if you can get the cheese and ham pre-cubed. Make sure you serve it with noodles or stuffing or even mashed taters so all the yummy cheesey gravy has something to stick to! Thanks Miss Annie! I will definately make this again!
This is my second review...I didn't have ham on hand today, so I subsituted cook and crumbled bacon which gave it a completely different flavor. We loved it.
This was delicious! I used Italian breadcrumbs and mixed the soup with part milk part white wine, it turned out great! I also sprinkled some of the bread crumbs on top, spritzed a little butter and put it under the broiler for a few minutes to give it a nice crunchy top. Served it with simple steamed broccoli.