Prep 12 mins
Cook 50 mins
Originally in the Good Housekeeping magazine. I made some adjustments to lower the sodium and calories a bit. Good recipe for a brunch, buffet, or family dinner.
- 1 lb baby red potato, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 lb chicken tenders
- 1 (12 ounce) bag broccoli florets, approx 3 3/4 cups
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can low-sodium condensed cream of chicken soup
- 8 ounces ham, cooked and cut 1/2 inch cubes, can use deli ham as a substitute
- 3⁄4 cup swiss cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup skim milk
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In large microwave safe bowl, place potatoes and 2 tablespooons of water. Cover the bowl, and microwave on high for 3 to 4 minutes or until potatoes are fork tender, stirring once.
- Add chicken and all remaining ingredients to potatoes. Toss well.
- Transfer mixture to 9x13 baking dish.
- Bake uncovered for 50-55 minutes or until chicken no longer shows pink and cheese is bubbly.
- NOTE: Spray casserole dish with cooking spray or foil line the casserole dish for easier clean up.____This can be assembled the night before and then cooked right before serving.
I left out the potatoes (I know how DH likes his casserole) and used cheddar instead of swiss (what I had), and it turned out great! (I did add some milk too, to get the right consistency I wanted.) Easy, tasty ...
I've made this casserole many times but recently lost my recipe. Thanks, Donna, for sharing yours on RecipeZaar!
DH loved this. I used deli ham and fat free half and half. I even got the 3 year old to eat some broccoli. Thanks for a very nice cheesy recipe. Lisa