Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Delicious this way or you can substitute mozzarella cheese for the Swiss and mixed vegetables instead of peas.
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 (12 ounce) jar chicken gravy
- 3 cups uncooked dumpling egg noodles (5 oz.)
- 1 cup frozen sweet peas
- 1⁄2 cup diced cooked ham
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 (4 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 4 slices swiss cheese (1 oz. each)
- Heat oven to 375. In large bowl, combine broth, sour cream and gravy; mix well with wire whisk. Stir in uncooked noodles, peas, ham, paprika and 1/8 teaspoons of the pepper. Spoon into ungreased shallow 2-quart casserole.
- Place chicken over noodle mixture; sprinkle with seasoned salt and remaining 1/8 teaspoons pepper. Cover with foil.
- Bake 30 minutes. Uncover casserole; bake 20 minutes longer or until chicken is fork-tender and juices run clear, and noodles are tender and thoroughly heated.
- Place 2 cheese slice halves over each chicken breast half. Bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.